PolishForums - ARCHIVE   Poland Tips and IdeasPolishForums Archive :
Archives / 2008 / UK, Ireland / 29

British/Polish baby



scotjim Activity: 1 / 0
Joined: 28 Nov 2007 ♂
  28 Nov 2007 /  #1
My girlfriend is Polish and due to give birth in Poland in January. I'm Scottish. We want the child to have a British passport as well as a Polish one but aren't sure how to go about this. Any ideas?

Polson Activity: 6 / 1,792
Joined: 9 May 2007 ♂
  28 Nov 2007 /  #2
First...Congratulations !! ;)
Then, i don't know really...maybe try to go to the Polish embassy...
Good luck, and best wishes :)

Wroclaw Activity: 50 / 5,502
Joined: 1 Apr 2006 ♂
  28 Nov 2007 /  #3
Quoting: scotjim
Any ideas?


Not being married might make it more difficult.

Usually you have until the child is five years old. I could be wrong though.

Check with the British Embassy or maybe the Home Office.

GlasgowSteven Activity: - / 24
Joined: 7 Feb 2008 ♂
  17 Feb 2008 /  #4
im the other way about..... my polish girlfriend is pregnant an we are going to my city ( Glasgow) to have the baby, we are going top bring the child up in scotland. so does the child automaitaclly become a citizen?? i hope so.......

inkrakow   17 Feb 2008 /  #5
The baby takes on the mother's nationality and I'm pretty sure you'd need to be married to get the baby British citizenship.

Mister H Activity: 9 / 740
Joined: 4 Jan 2008 ♂
  17 Feb 2008 /  #6
inkrakow wrote:
The baby takes on the mother's nationality and I'm pretty sure you'd need to be married to get the baby British citizenship


Get married ? These days ? You're kidding me :-)

inkrakow   18 Feb 2008 /  #7
yes you're right! I don't think it's a requirement (the mother can always go through the process as a single person - needs to live here for 5 years I think) but it will speed things up if she's married to a Brit.

Avalon Activity: 2 / 1,021
Joined: 11 Sep 2007 ♂
  18 Feb 2008 /  #8
InKrakow is correct, you have to be married. If the child is born in Poland it will have the mothers nationality. To register the child for a British Passport you need to submit all details to the British Consulate, at least 30 days prior to the birth. I was also in this situation.

Harry Activity: 55 / 11,247
Joined: 2 May 2007 ♂
  20 Feb 2008 /  #9
<div class="quoting">Avalon wrote:

If the child is born in Poland it will have the mothers nationality. </div>
Yes, but if the child is born outside Poland, it will also have Polish nationality.

<div class="quoting">Avalon wrote:

To register the child for a British Passport you need to submit all details to the British Consulate, at least 30 days prior to the birth. </div>
That is correct, to a point

<div class="quoting">Avalon wrote:

InKrakow is correct, you have to be married</div>
Not anymore. The Home Office Border and Immigration website (says “If you were born in the United Kingdom on or after 1 January 1983, you are a British citizen if at the time of your birth one of your parents was: a British citizen; or legally settled in the United Kingdom.”

ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/whohascitizenship/ Britishcitizenship/borninukorqualifyingterritory

There is also

ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/eligibility/childr en/britishcitizen/borninuk

which says “Section 3(1) - illegitimate children of British citizen fathers Until 1 July 2006 a child could not acquire British citizenship through his or her father if the parents were not married at the time of the birth. If the parents married after the birth, the child may now be considered legitimate.”

ShelleyS Activity: 15 / 2,916
Joined: 26 Jun 2007 ♀
  20 Feb 2008 /  #10
Harry [/quote]

And everyone just wants a British pass port dont they!!!!

Marcus911 Activity: 3 / 98
Joined: 6 Feb 2008 ♂
  20 Feb 2008 /  #11
inkrakow wrote:
The baby takes on the mother's nationality and I'm pretty sure you'd need to be married to get the baby British citizenship.

My girlfriend who is Polish had our child in Belfast before we were married and she has a British passport, infact if she wishes she can also have an Irish Passport, therefore the potential to have three passports, British, Irish and Polish..

Harry Activity: 55 / 11,247
Joined: 2 May 2007 ♂
  20 Feb 2008 /  #12
ShelleyS wrote:
And everyone just wants a British pass port dont they!!!!


Yes because they really want to live in the same country as racist t**** like you.



Regardless of Shelly's views. Please don't use foul language/name calling towards other forum members. Please attempt to discuss like adults. Thank you.

ShelleyS Activity: 15 / 2,916
Joined: 26 Jun 2007 ♀
  20 Feb 2008 /  #13
Harry wrote:
Yes because they really want to live in the same country as racist t**** like you.


It would appear so by the amount of pakis and africans....but hey hoe I suppose a nice council house and some benefits is better than a mud hut and dirty water! even if they have to put up with some "racist" like me....actually they'd be hard pushed to understand the insults because most of the filth that come here cant even speak the language

MareGaea Activity: 29 / 2,801
Joined: 6 Feb 2008 ♂
  20 Feb 2008 /  #14
ShelleyS wrote:
It would appear so by the amount of pakis and africans....but hey hoe I suppose a nice council house and some benefits is better than a mud hut and dirty water! even if they have to put up with some "racist" like me....actually they'd be hard pushed to understand the insults because most of the filth that come here cant even speak the language


You yourself are from non-British descent. So what's the point you're trying to make?

M-G

ShelleyS Activity: 15 / 2,916
Joined: 26 Jun 2007 ♀
  20 Feb 2008 /  #15
MareGaea wrote:
You yourself are from non-British descent. So what's the point you're trying to make?


1 person, who didnt actually come with 200 family members wanting to claim benefits and have another 15 kids! I dont have issues with people from the EU setting up home in the UK...

MareGaea Activity: 29 / 2,801
Joined: 6 Feb 2008 ♂
  20 Feb 2008 /  #16
ShelleyS wrote:
1 person, who didnt actually come with 200 family members wanting to claim benefits and have another 15 kids! I dont have issues with people from the EU setting up home in the UK...


Ok. Hey, that is one of the first replies you gave me without the word tw*t in it!

:)

M-G (See, you can be a good girl if you want to)

jones101 Activity: 1 / 349
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 ♂
  21 Feb 2008 /  #17
Haha....Harry got spanked. He tries to come off so wise but then he blows his stack like that and shows he is just a chav in sheep's clothing...hehe...haha...oh love it.

joo who Activity: - / 100
Joined: 10 Dec 2007 ♀
  21 Feb 2008 /  #18
jones101 wrote:
Harry got spanked

chortle chortle!! Or LOL if I put my cyber chick hat on...or is that LMTO or LMAO, or.......
ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!
tee hee! ;-))

Harry Activity: 55 / 11,247
Joined: 2 May 2007 ♂
  22 Feb 2008 /  #19
jones101 wrote:
Haha....Harry got spanked. He tries to come off so wise but then he blows his stack like that and shows he is just a chav in sheep's clothing...hehe...haha...oh love it.

Hello Mr Jones! Worked out how to get a TRC yet? Or will the country be improved by you being deported soon.
How's your superb job as English teacher going? Found any schools desperate enough to hire you yet or are you still eeking out a living with conversation 'classes'?

joo who wrote:
chortle chortle!! Or LOL if I put my cyber chick hat on...or is that LMTO or LMAO, or.......
ALL OF THE ABOVE!!!

What a surprise to see you siding with the poster who is quite happy to pepper her posts with words like 'paki'. With your delightful personalities, you should get on really well together.


Would it be too much to ask for either of you to actually add anything of any use to the thread? Apparently it is.

ShelleyS Activity: 15 / 2,916
Joined: 26 Jun 2007 ♀
  22 Feb 2008 /  #20
Harry wrote:
Or will the country be improved by you being deported soon.


Shame England doesnt do the same...oh hang on a minute it did to some Pakis that had over stayed their welcome, well 2 less is better than nothing!

Harry wrote:
How's your superb job as English teacher going?


At least its an English person teaching English instead some some Pakis - whos best is "oh deary me" or "init"

Harry wrote:
pepper her posts with words like 'paki'.


Isn't paki short for pakistani, same as Brit is short for British or in this day an age any 3rd world scum who wants a british pass port!

Harry Activity: 55 / 11,247
Joined: 2 May 2007 ♂
  22 Feb 2008 /  #21
ShelleyS wrote:
Shame England doesnt do the same...oh hang on a minute it did to some Pakis that had over stayed their welcome, well 2 less is better than nothing!

That would be two fewer, not two less. If you're going to look down on people for not speaking English correctly, you could at least try to speak English properly yourself.

ShelleyS wrote:
At least its an English person teaching English instead some some Pakis - whos best is "oh deary me" or "init"

He's not English. But don't let the facts get in the way of an opportunity to spew more racist bile.
And you mean "whose". "Who's" (which is what I assume you were trying for) is the contraction of "who is". Do try to learn the language.

ShelleyS wrote:
Isn't paki short for pakistani, same as Brit is short for British or in this day an age any 3rd world scum who wants a british pass port!

No. 'Paki' is derogatory, insulting and offensive, as you well know. If any posters doubt my statement, I suggest they look at http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Paki#Usage_notes
What is this "pass port" you keep referring to?

ShelleyS Activity: 15 / 2,916
Joined: 26 Jun 2007 ♀
  22 Feb 2008 /  #22
Harry wrote:
two less


two less in England to scrounge benefits

You can give me all the lessons you like, I’m at work and don’t have time to ensure that my posts are spick and span and error free, and personally I don’t care.....

Oh well if pakis dont like the name they can always go back and live in poverty and inbreed with their cousins and build as may mosques as they like put their toilets facing the Vatican and stone each other to death for smiling at another human being!

You know what Harry most English (even me) people happily lived along side asians for a long time and then things changed..blame your western hating clerics for the way people in the UK feel, because asians changed and that in turn changed the way English people view them, we have nothing in common and I don’t believe there is a place in western society for the views that asians have, ffk, they even want over-ride the English judicial system and introduce their own laws....


Regardless of your views, the word "Paki" is deemed insulting and offensive towards Pakistani's and is seen as a racist term in the UK.

Avalon Activity: 2 / 1,021
Joined: 11 Sep 2007 ♂
  22 Feb 2008 /  #23
Harry, if you bothered to read what Scotsjim actually said, the child is going to be born in Poland, so why do you go on about the laws that apply in the UK?. I only pointed out the relevant facts as they applied to me here in Poland. I phoned the British Consulate in Warsaw and was given this information as I was unsure of the regulations that would apply to my own daughter.

joo who Activity: - / 100
Joined: 10 Dec 2007 ♀
  23 Feb 2008 /  #24
Harry wrote:
What a surprise to see you siding with the poster who is

Still chuckling here now! It just conjured up this wicked image....Anal Ar*sehole gets soundly spanked!!

Not siding with anyone...just being entertained! Thanking you all kindly!

Anything useful?....I wouldn't ever again place any opinion about legalities on this forum, as some idiot bully beef like yourself might take the opportunity to try and ruin my day! X ;-)

Harry Activity: 55 / 11,247
Joined: 2 May 2007 ♂
  25 Feb 2008 /  #25
Avalon wrote:
Harry, if you bothered to read what Scotsjim actually said, the child is going to be born in Poland, so why do you go on about the laws that apply in the UK?.

Because the poster called GlasgowSteven asked whether his child would be British if born in the UK. If you had bothered to read that you would have known it.

And the requirement to be married has applied to neither children born in the UK nor outside the UK since 2006.

celinski Activity: 32 / 1,273
Joined: 14 Nov 2007 ♀
  25 Feb 2008 /  #26
British/Polish baby, Peter and the Wolf. Great job.

telefonitika   25 Feb 2008 /  #27
celinski wrote:
British/Polish baby, Peter and the Wolf. Great job.


Are you being sarcastic??

GlasgowSteven Activity: - / 24
Joined: 7 Feb 2008 ♂
  25 Feb 2008 /  #28
i did... and thanks for the help harry and evreybody else, with you guys help and that of a few other outlets things are becoming a whole lot clearer!

so thanks, its no easy aw this preparing for a baby malarkey........

Marcus911 Activity: 3 / 98
Joined: 6 Feb 2008 ♂
  26 Feb 2008 /  #29
Do you not think that these comments should be on another thread?... Looks like WW III is about to break out here....

Archives / 2008 / UK, Ireland /Archived