PolishForums - ARCHIVE   Do You Fancy Poland?PolishForums Archive :
Archives / 2008 / Work / 8

qualification required to join as a teacher in international schools

swats   May 6, 2008, 07:19am /  #1
hi all,
I m from India.I live in Warsaw.I am looking for a job to join as a teacher in some international school.I want to know what qualification should i have?I have my Bachelors of Science from a University in India.I am very very fluent in English.I have jst started learning polish.So i think International school is best for me,as there is no compulsion to speak polish.
So pls help to know abt the qualification and where should I join to get that course or certificate to be a qualified teacher.

Harry   May 6, 2008, 07:23am /  #2
You need to be a fully qualified teacher (as in you need qualified teacher status). You'll need to do a PGCE at an English (or Welsh) university. Those courses take one year full-time and can only be done on-site, not by distance or part-time.

swats   May 6, 2008, 07:28am /  #3
thanks a ton Harry.Is that course in English??and how much do they charge for that?Is that university in Warsaw???

Daydreamer   May 6, 2008, 09:25am /  #4
I have a question can the PGCE be used in schools internationally for example, my cousin is doing her PGCE now, after it is completed can she use this qualification abroad to work? I thought it was only useful in Britian and told her so but now I think I have been mistaken?

BubbaWoo   May 6, 2008, 09:27am /  #5
there are some schools in some countries that will accept a PGCE. advice normally given is to contact schools in the country she wants to teach and see what they say

Harry   May 6, 2008, 11:15am /  #6
I thought it was only useful in Britian and told her so but now I think I have been mistaken?

A PGCE will be recognised by pretty much any international school round the world which runs the international baccalaureate or English GCSE/A levels.

A PGCE also gives qualified teacher status in any EU member state by mere operation of law.

Daydreamer   May 6, 2008, 01:09pm /  #7
oh thanks Harry for clearing that up for me! XD

Guest   May 18, 2008, 04:05pm /  #8
I will be a licensed teacher of Mathematics in the United States in the near future and have a fairly solid resume for a recent graduate. Does my certification here count as the equivilant of a PGCE? I will have a BSc of Mathematics with a teaching endorsement and be certified to teach in the United States.

Archives / 2008 / Work /Archived