I am Stefano from Italy, i hope someone can help me:
My girlfriend is polish, and lives in Italy. At this moment she doesn't have a job, so she cannot be covered by national italian healthcare. They asks her for EHIC (Europejska Karta Uezpieczenia Zdrowotnego) , EKUZ in polish.
So she went to Poland to obtain the EHIC, but they don't want give her! She is not covered by polish healthcare because she hasen't a job there, and no parents anymore with family health insurance coverage.
On the Net i found this:
People who can legally get treatment from public healthcare institutions within the European Union include:
* Residents of the EU or its territorites who are not citizens of any nations
* The unemployed
* Retirees and pensionaires
* Leased workers
* Refugees living in the EU
* Residents living near the boarders of the EU who are working in the EU
* Seasonal workers in the EU
* Contract workers in the EU who are not EU citizens
So she should obtain the Ehic for tourism or unemploying
Anyone could me explain how Polish healthcare works?
Thanks and sorry for my english!