MareGaea Activity: 29 / 2,776
Joined: 6 Feb 2008 ♂
I did a search on Endecja, the nationalist Polish party that came to power after the death of Pilsudski. Remarkably, with all the "historians" we have on here, this word could not be found at all, as I did a search on the entire forum.
We all know that Pilsudski was against anti semitism. To him it only matters how loyal one was to the state. Endecja, the right-wing nationalist Polish party that gained momentum after Pilsudski's death introduced sth else: state supported anti semitism in Poland. In the Endecja-years when anti semitism was made official policy in Poland.
- Ghetto benches in the Universities;
- Jews blocked out of most, if not all parts, of public and social life;
- Random violence destroying Jewish properties, leading most Jews, who were prosperous before the event, to poverty as of course they weren't compensated;
- Boycott of Jewish shops;
- Boycott of Jewish doctors, lawyers and the like;
- A crusade against the koosker slaughtering of animals, under the presumption of "animal rights";
And the list goes on.
Remarkably this epoch never gets mentioned by our Polish "historians", yet I want it discussed. I want views on this era, opinions on Endecja and why some ppl still proclaim that they are anti semite because of the fact that some Jews welcomed the Soviet soldiers and betraying Poland that has been so good to them 700 years ago. I guess what happened 700 years ago does not matter much when you see your house destroyed.
NB, this is not an attempt to start an anti Polish thread. I just want the immediate pre-WW2 era discussed as I have nowhere on this forum come across a discussion concerning specific the years from 1935 to 1939. I think it's a good topic for discussion. At least it's a NEW topic that, so it appears, has never been mentioned here on PF :)
NB, I want a normal discussion about this topic. Anybody who feels the need to attack me yet again, will be reported.